Monday, December 08, 2008

What a day - Of Birth

So I imagine that today, Monday, December 8th, would be a rather normal birthday work day that involved some birthday wishes from my friends, family, coworkers and retailers.  Relatively normal right?


That would be incorrect.

1.  I saw a plane crash.  How does that even happen?  I am sitting at the intersection by PF Chang's in La Jolla and I am staring off and see this big black thing fall from the air and black billowing smoke following shortly after it was out of sight.   Apparently a F-18 military training mission was taking place, engine trouble happened, and crashing ensued about a mile and half away from where I was stopped.

2.  After trying to see if I could get closer (yeah I'm that person.  It was a slow day), I was stopped on Genessee with a lady to the right of me flipping someone off for an excessive amount of time.  Long enough for me to get my camera out and get a photo.  Now being the jack ass  I can be sometimes, I managed to inch close enough up to be able to be side by side with her, roll down my window and honestly ask "high five?"  She then flipped me off.


No comments: